Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March In Pictures

In like a lamb, out like a lion. That was March for me. 
It started out innocuously enough. What's more unassuming than a spinach omelette? 
Breakfast: March 4, 2015

Then it snowed and my friend Lewis made a great snowman.
World's best literary agent.

From there we went into what I refer to as "Project Month." It could also be called "Tear the House Apart and Live in Utter Chaos Month."
Zoe was ashamed to be associated with me and my mess.
To add to the madness, this happened. We're all okay, and that is the most important thing. Really. A car is a car is a car. A person is precious. All of my people are mending well.
Lotte fought an SUV.
That led to a round of rousing puns and muscle relaxers for a few days. It also kept me from wanting to sit down at a keyboard and write. Laptop=tiny T-Rex arms. So I puttered around the house and finally pulled my sweet potatoes from the pantry. Yes, they've been in there a while. Yes, it was completely intentional. This time, anyway.
They will eventually become sentient beings and take over the house if you let them go much longer than this.

And finally, the month ended with a turtle charging me and trying to make me shriek like a banshee. I didn't, and he didn't end up crawling up my pant leg like I legitimately feared for about three seconds. You guys, turtles...it's just a ruse. They've got everyone fooled. They can book it like a race car when they want to. And this one did. 
Photo credit to the one brave enough to get that close after knowing this little guy can actually reach Mach speed when it so desires. And this one did.
This was March. This is why Rise of the Seer is still in a binder on my shelf. By this time next month, it will be ready to hand off to new readers. I, unlike the turtle, needed to slow down for a bit and recharge. And I am. 















2 comments:

  1. Turtles. Don't turn your back on them. They can't be trusted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that's the exact quote Shredder used.

      Delete