Friday, April 29, 2016

Today is the day!



Toss that confetti, my friends!


Rise of the Seer is officially ready for purchase! 

Before I get into the specifics, I’d like to introduce you to the newest member of my writing team. Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to Ransom.


Now for a little Q & A on Rise of the Seer and how you can get your very own copy:

How can I get my very own copy of Rise of the Seer?
Excellent question! I’m so glad you asked.
It is also available on Amazon and most other online bookstores.

Is there a Kindle edition?
Yes! You can find it here

I went to ____________ bookstore and asked them for your books, but they looked at me like I was crazy. Why would they do that?
People these days. Because I am an independently published author, I’m doing this all on my own. It would be magical to walk in and see my books sitting on a shelf in any bookstore, but that’s not where I am in my publishing journey yet. As of now, I will have physical copies of my book in Roma’s Books out here in Rockwall.  Local business, local author. It’s a good fit. They should be available there in the next few days. I also have my own copies to sell. If you know me and see me, I’ll sell you some books out of the trunk of my car. I’m not even kidding.

Why is the paperback so much?
Again, because of the independent publishing, I have to be careful with the pricing. This isn’t a mass production. Each book is only printed when it’s ordered. Because of the weight and length of the book, the bare minimum price I could sell it for logistically speaking, was only a dollar less than the purchase price. I promise, I’m not trying to charge an arm and a leg to make oodles of money off of you. If I lower the price, I’ll end up losing money with each purchase and I honestly can’t afford to do that. Book sales aren’t buying a vacation home or paying my mortgage, they are recouping the funds I’ve already invested into publishing two books.

Will you sign my book?
Sure! Because you asked. Just know that sometimes I get a little awkward and may end up writing things such as, Have a great summer!  Or things like Keep in touch!  And my favorite, A.C. Autry was here!

Why are your palms wet?
Sheer, unbridled terror.

My book club will be reading your book. Can we Skype for questions and discussions?
First of all, thank you tremendously. Secondly, I’m happy to Skype during some of the meeting. Just get in touch with me and we will work out the details.

What’s next in the Ransom series?
Book three is Reign of the Judges. I don’t have an idea for a release date. What I do know is that I’d rather not go through this publishing process again because of the numerous hiccups I’ve encountered along the way. So I’m looking into new avenues for the final books in the series. I have no idea what that will look like, or where it will lead. I guess we’ll find out together.

How many books will be in the series?
From the beginning I’ve seen this as a four book series. We’re halfway there!

Any final thoughts on this beautiful day?
Yes. I cannot thank you enough for your interest, enthusiasm, and encouragement. I'm just a girl who fell in love with writing and have been trying to keep it in my life in some way, shape, or form along the way. I don't proclaim to be an expert by any means, but I do expect to become a better writer with each subsequent project. This is me, doing the thing that I love and not letting fear dictate who I want to be or what I want to do. Be brave and courageous, my friends. And if you happen to be in the market for a fun weekend read, I have a suggestion:



No comments:

Post a Comment