Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Time Is Nigh


In just over three weeks I will be celebrating a joyful occasion. I’ll raise a cupcake (most likely chocolate covered cherry) to Ransom of the Healer and the journey it has taken me on during the past year. I think Ransom will always be special to me because I honestly didn’t know it was going to be a book. It reminded me that I love writing, and most of the book was just me having a good time telling a story to myself. It was only after I was 3/4ths of the way through it that I considered the possibility of turning it into a book for other people to read. That was probably the single most terrifying decision I’ve made to date, followed closely by singing songs that I’ve written in front of other people. Art can be personal business.

I was thinking about the best way to celebrate something that simultaneously makes me happy and sweaty palmed. A month long party seemed like the way to go, so I will be hosting an Anniversary Giveaway during the month of November. The prizes range from gift cards to a signed copy of the book. If I could spice it up and give away a gold plated version, I would, but alas, the life of an independent artist is not always a decadent one. My September royalties came to a whopping 15 cents, and I had to spend that as soon as it came in because it was burning a tiny hole in my pocket. Best 15 cents I’ve ever spent.


My hope is that Ransom will continue to fall into the hands of people who will enjoy the story, and that those people would tell someone else who might like it as well. Grassroots. I promise now that if we end up somehow getting The Ransom Series to a bestselling list, I’ll make the subsequent Anniversary Giveaway exponentially more exciting. I don’t know how yet, but I have a feeling it will involve confetti and something a little flashier than a cup of coffee.  The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment