Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Elusive Blog Fairy

“Wednesdays are for blogging,” she said.

Well, it’s Thursday now and I still haven’t tracked down that tricky Blog Fairy. Who is the Blog Fairy? That’s a good question. She’s a creature of legend. Some say she’s the living embodiment of sponsored dreams, paleo recipes, and images of how to tie scarves while baking bread in vintage refurbished wood burning ovens made from cinderblocks and leftover shipping pallets. She sneaks in and leaves informative, witty, and sufficient content on your computer while scheduling your blog posts weeks in advance. As of yet, I haven’t been able to find her, but I’m optimistic. I even set out a trail to lure her to my laptop. I hope she likes candy.



Until the Blog Fairy decides to frequent my computer, I suppose I’m on my own as far as blog content is concerned. I will take this opportunity to let you know that I haven’t forgotten my deadline of December 31st for the completion of Rise of the Seer. As mysterious as the Blog Fairy is, her counterpart, the Novel Fairy, is far more elusive to catch. The Novel Fairy is a bit darker though and said to be the incarnation of sleepless nights, leftover take-out containers, keyboards of yesteryear and the fleeting hopes of souls lost in word counts and conflict resolution. The Novel Fairy is loosely related to Sasquatch and has been known to take his chupacabra for midnight strolls. If one is fortunate enough to have him tinker with their novel, they find everything magically tied up and ready for publication upon starting up their computer for the day. And what a glorious morning that is. Since neither fairy has decided to visit, I’m sitting here blogging about mythical creatures and pushing myself to finish my novel by the end of the month. This is my version of a Novel Fairy, and I can't be certain, but his head might weigh 100lbs:

As far as book two is concerned, it’s almost there. There are only a few things to finish up. Why isn’t it finished yet? No Novel Fairy. Remember? I almost made the deadline of the 31st, but it just wasn’t feeling like it was coming together the right way. I decided to give it a little more time to allow myself to steer it back in the direction it needed to go. While I am not able to do this with horses, I can do a serviceable job of corralling my stories if given a decent amount of time. I’m still corralling and cajoling. I see no reason, now anyway, that you shouldn’t be able to have a copy of Rise of the Seer in your hands by this fall. If you want one. And I hope that you do.



No comments:

Post a Comment